MC-LINK – Breaking News 31.07.2017
- MC-link direct and indirect shareholders signed a purchase agreement for the sale of 2,906,585 shares, meaning 89.81%, of the MC-link share capital, to 2i Fiber SpA, a subsidiary 80% owned by Second F2i Fund (managed by F2i S.g.r.) and 20% by Marguerite Infrastructure Italy Sàrl.
- The total amount of the transaction to be settled at the closing date was determined in €45,342,726, corresponding to a valuation for each MC-link share of €15.60. The price paid is in line with our valuation (including the majority premium of c. 20%).
- Following the completion of the acquisition, 2i Fiber will conduct a PTO over the totality of MC-link shares.
- As is well known, F2i is the largest Infrastructure Fund operating in Italy and one of the largest in Europe. The First Fund and the Second F2i Fund have subscribed for an amount of about €3.1 bn, with over 80% already invested in various subfunds of national infrastructures (airports, Gas distribution, water services, renewable energy (solar and wind power), telecommunications, waste-to-energy, logical networks, Social
infrastructures, motorway networks, logistics).
- Marguerite Infrastructure Italy Sàrl is a subsidiary of “The 2020 European Fund for Energy, Climate Change And Infrastructure, a Luxembourg fund created with the support of six financial institutions European Public Bank and the European Commission in order to invest in the 28 countries of the European Union.